Saturday 14 November 2015

Australis Review: Velourlips, Metallix, F&F & more

Australis is a pretty new brand to me, but recently I have purchased quite a few of their products, and I have to say I am really liking the brand so far. So I decided to share with you all the products I own and how I like them - including the Velourlips, Metallix eyeshadow, Fresh & Flawless powder and the Go Camo concealer. 



Velourlips


I currently own four of the Velourlips Matte Lip creams - Pa-ree, Hon-o-loo-loo, Mi-am-ee, and Doo-bai.

L-R Doo-bai, Mi-am-ee, Hon-o-loo-loo, Pa-ree

These lip creams go on quite nicely and are very pigmented on the lips. They dry quite quickly but not too quickly to work with. They feel quite dry, but I haven't had a problem with them, even on my dry lips. 

Clockwise from top left; Pa-ree, Hon-o-loo-loo, Mi-am-i, Doo-bai
As for them lasting, they stay very well without eating or drinking and usually will still stay on the lips if you're not eating oily foods etc. I also found that blotting my lips after applying them helped them stay on even longer.

Rating: 4/5

 Metallix Eyeshadow



This eyeshadow is hands down amazing. I got the one in the shade 'Guns and Rose Petals', which is a kind of pink/silver colour. 


The eyeshadow is quite creamy, but looks like a foiled eyeshadow when used. It is very pigmented but ideally should be applied with your finger rather than a brush to get the most out of the product.


Rating: 4.5/5

Go Camo Concealer



The Go Camo concealer claims to be a 'full on coverage concealer'. The formula is quite thick and does have quite heavy coverage. I have heard that for people with dry skin it can pick up dry patches, but on my oily skin it works quite well.


 I got the shade 'Medium', the middle shade of 3 shades. For a medium shade I found it to be very light, but it works for me. I would say the biggest downfall of tis product would be the lack of a range of shades.

Rating: 3.5/5

Fresh & Flawless Powder


I bought two shades - Light Beige and Deep Natural - for when I am tanned vs naturally pale. The powder is quite a thick, pigmented powder when used heavily but can be lightened in both weight and pigment depending on its usage.

L-R Light Beige, Deep Natural
Light Beige is the lightest shade in the range. It appears very yellow toned, but I found it did not show up as yellow when used lightly & blended out. Deep Natural is a darker, more warm toned shade but is quite light when blended.


The compact can be flipped open to reveal a mirror and sponge, which makes it handy to take with you. 

Rating: 4/5


Overall I am really liking Australis, and defintely think I will be purchasing more from them in the future, especially the Velourlips and Metallix eyeshadows. I hope this was helpful! Let me know how you like Australis.

- Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment