Friday 6 November 2015

Ariana Grande Focus Makeup Tutorial

Hi everyone, today I am sharing with you a makeup tutorial for Ariana Grande's new music video, Focus. I love her makeup in the video, so I tried it out, including the two lip colours!




What you will need:

  • primer, foundation, concealer, powder
  • cool toned contour powder & lighter matte highlight
  • eyebrow pomade or pencil
  • eyeshadow primer
  • matte light pink eyeshadow & shimmery light pink eyeshadow
  • blue eyeliner
  • navy blue eyeshadow or blue & black eyeshadow
  • mascara, false eyelashes (optional)
  • light pink lipliner or lipstick & gloss
  • deep berry lipliner & lighter pink lipliner or lipstick


Base

1. First I started with my base: primer, foundation, concealer and powder to recreate her flawless matte base.

2. In the video she looks like she has a soft contour, so I used a cool toned powder to create a softly blended contour under my cheek bones, and a lighter powder to slightly highlight areas of my face.


Eyebrows

Ariana's eyebrows are quite straight and blunt, so I outlined my eyebrows in a straighter fashion, making sure not to overdraw them, then filled them in.




Eyes


In the video, she has two slightly different eye looks, but for this tutorial I am going to recreate this one.




1. After priming my eyelids, first I used a matte pink in my crease.



2. Next I used a shimmery pink shadow on my lid.



3. For the liner, I used a dark blue to create a wing - it doesn't have to be perfect, & you can use a q-tip to neaten it & slightly smudge it out. 



4. Next I used an angled brush with a mix of blue & black eyeshadow to create the deep blue smudged wing



5. On her lower lash line, Ariana has a nude colour. First I used a nude eyeliner to line just under my lower lashes. 



6. Next I used a similar shade of eyeshadow to set the liner.



7. I then curled my lashes and added mascara. 




8. Finally I added some lashes which I felt closest matched Ariana's in the video - natural but slightly flared out at the outer lashes.


~







Lips

In the video Ariana has two lip colours - a glossy pink lip and a lined berry lip.

1. For the first lip colour I used a light pink lip liner to fill in my lips. Then I used a light pink gloss over the top.




2. For the lined lips, I started by filling my lips with a light pink/berry shade. Then I carefully lined the outside of my lips with a darker berry liner, following the shape of my lips. The line is quite thick which makes it easier to perfect.



~





And that's it! Let me know if you liked this tutorial and if you would like to see more like these. Also feel free to make any suggestions!

- Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment