Friday 4 September 2015

Models Prefer Contour Collection Review

Hi everyone! I recently bought the new Models Prefer Contour/Collection - Ultimate Highlighting & Contouring Palette and thought I'd give you a review.




Contouring is very on-trend at the moment, and a lot of contouring palettes have come out. The Anastasia Beverley Hills and Australis contour palettes are the two which are probably most comparable to this palette in terms of the shades, although I have not tried them out myself.





I wasn't sure whether to get the Australis palette, especially after the quite negative reveiws (although it has supposed to come out with a better formula now), so when I saw that this palette had come out, getting very positive reviews and for the same price at AU$16.95, I jumped right onto it, and I'm glad I did.


Front of box

Back of box


The palette comes with a handy little booklet about how to use the kit depending on your skin tone and face shape and some other tips. The palette also comes with a big mirror inside which is actually useful.





Although admittedly the shades aren't all perfect for my fair skin, I manage to find a use for most of them. They are all matte shades apart from one, the shimmery highlighter, and come in warm and cool tones.




Highlight 1 -  This is the lightest shade, and is a light cool toned powder. The powder is just about the same colour as my skin so for me it works best as a setting powder.

Highlight 2 - This is a yellow shade, which is usually meant for under the eyes. The colour is very yellow so if you put too much on it can look strange, but blended lightly under the eye works quite well to cancel out and brighten under eye circles.

Highlight 3 - This is my favourite highlight shade. This one is an actual shimmery highlighter rather than a matte powder. Although it looks quite dark I still really like it even on my super fair skin. It blends out to just give a nice glow, and I think it would work on any skin tone.

Contour 4 - This shade is a slightly warm dark brown, and is what I use for light bronzing. All the powders in the kit blend out really well, and this shade is not too orange so it works well on my skin tone.

Contour 5 - I absolutely love this shade for contouring. It is cool toned so gives a nice shadowey affect and carves out my cheek bones nicely. It is a perfect contour shade for fair skin.

Contour 6 - This is the only shade out of the palette that I haven't actually used. It is very warm and quite dark, so would probably work best for bronzing on medium skin tones.


Swatches shades 1-6 (L-R)

Flash


No flash



Rundown

think this palette is a very good, versatile palette. Although the shades are not all perfect for my skin, I still manage to find a use for most of them. The shades are all quite light, so I would say this palette would work for fair to medium skin tones, and not really anything darker than that. Hopefully they will release a darker palette like Australis has because this is such a great kit! The powders are relatively pigmented but still very blendable. 

Pros: pigmented, blendable, versatile, affordable
Cons: suitable only for lighter skin tones, not necessarily all usable

Rating: 4/5

Thanks for reading! Let me know your thoughts.

- Ella

P.S. if you would like to follow me on Bloglovin', you can do so here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment