Monday 28 September 2015

Maybelline Hypersharp Wing Liner Tutorial

Hi everyone! Today I'm going to show you a couple of ways to use the new Maybelline Hypersharp Wing liquid liner. This has quickly become my favourite product to use to create winged eyeliner and is definitely the easiest to use.


The eyeliner has a tapered tip, and is flat, so it can be used with the thin side, or the wider, thick side to create a thick or thin line. Another bonus is that the flat side is the "shape" of a wing, and it can be used to directly create a wing or the basis of a wing, making it easy to get a quick & easy wing. I will show you how to do this below.


Thick/flat side

Thin side

Thin side above, thick side below

Thin wing

The thin side can be used to create a thin line on the lash line as well as to create a thin or long, sharp wing.




To use the thin side to create a wing, I first draw the outline of the wing before filling it in. To do this, I line my top lash line, then I draw the bottom line first, extending it from the "line" of my lower lash line and connecting it to the liner I already have on my top lash line.


Then I draw the upper line of the wing, connecting it to the liner on my lash line to the bottom wing line. I choose how high I make it depending on how thick I want the wing.


Then I just fill in the wing using the thicker side, and clean it up with the thin side.



Thick wing (fast & easy)

To make a thicker but super fast and easy wing, I use the thick side of the liner.

First I line my top lash line. The flat side can create a thicker but still neat line.



Next, I position the tip of the liner where I want the wing to end, The flat side facing my face. Keep in mind that this type of wing will be quite thick, so a shorter wing is probably the best option.


Then I press down the liner, using the flat side, starting at the tip then dragging it towards my lash line. Due to the shape of the brush it should leave you with a nice wing.


 Next I just clean it up using the thinner side of the brush. This is not always a necessary step, but if it is a little messy, or you want to extend your wing or sharpen the end, you can do so.

Final result

After adding some mascara and falsies, I have the perfect, quick wing! I love using this liner for when I don't have a lot of time to get ready but feel like wearing a wing.



I hope this was a helpful tutorial! I definitely recommend picking up this product if you are just starting out with winged eyeliner, want an easy and/or quick way to wing your eyes, or are just looking for a new liquid eyeliner!


- Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment