Wednesday 26 August 2015

Colourpop Cosmetics Review & Swatches

Hi everyone, today I have a new post about Colourpop Cosmetics.
Colourpop Cosmetics is a fairly new brand which has recently become very popular, so I decided to try them out. I recently bought two of their Lippie Stix and one Supershock eyeshadow. 



The two Lippie Stix I bought had a sheer finish. I bought Crunch, a light pink and Safari, a bright reddish- orange. I also bought On the Rocks, a brown eyeshadow with gold and purple shimmer in a metallic finish.






Lippie Stix

The sheer Lippie Stix are like very pigmented tinted lip balms. They are great if you want a light wash of colour or a bold lip whilst keeping your lips moisturised. The colour can be built up easily and depends on how much you put on. 

Crunch

Crunch is a pinky-coral, but looks more pink on my lips than it looks in the tube or swatched. 


One swipe
Multiple swipes
   

Safari

Safari is a reddish-orange, and is quite a bright colour which looks how you would expect it on my lips.

One swipe
Multiple swipes

Rundown

Both colours stay on very well, and last quite well even when eating and drinking, which is impressive considering their consistency. 

Pros: Buildable colour, moisturising, long lasting

Cons: Colours may look different than expected.

Rating: 4/5



Eyeshadow

The Colourpop eyeshadows have a unique consistency - they feel like a cream but apply more powder like. Once they are on the eyes they look like powder and don't need to be set. They are similar to cream to powder but are more like something in between the two.


The shade I bought is called "On the Rocks", which is a neutral medium brown with slight purple and gold shimmer. It is described as having a metallic finish, but I think it is more of just a shimmery eyeshadow.

After being used
One swipe
Multiple swipes
The pigmentation of the eyeshadow is quite good, although it can change depending on how you apply it. To make the most of the product and get it the most pigmented, I found it best to apply it with my finger. I then use a brush to blend it out. However if you want a more subtle look you can use a brush to apply it directly, but the colour will be quite washed out.

Applied with a brush




Applied with my finger




Rundown

The eyeshadow is very soft and smooth and has a nice texture. I quite like the outcome when I applied it with my finger then blended with a brush. I did notice it wore off quite quickly, so a primer is definitely needed when you use these.

Pros: pigmented, bendable, soft
Cons: difficult to apply with brush, not long lasting

Rating: 3.5/5


I hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful. Let me know your experience with Colourpop!

-Ella

2 comments:

  1. I need to get me some Colourpop! That eye shadow is incredible!

    Daniella | Freshly Pressed Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend them! I also just bought one of their liquid lipsticks and it is so nice :)

      Delete